Metcast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Metcast

The Ultimate Heavy Metal Podcast

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sodom

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hades

Hades

Sodom Empty
PostSubject: Sodom   Sodom EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Sodom 419_logo

Sodom is a German thrash band, formed in 1982. They are one of the big three teutonic thrash bands, along with Kreator and Destruction.

Sodom’s original line-up consisted of Tom Angelripper, Chris Witchhunter (R.I.P. 7th September 2008 - “Decompensation of his organic system”)
and Aggressor. Taking inspiration from British punk/metal bands such as Motörhead, Discharge, Anti-Nowhere League and Venom, they released two demos which led to a record deal with Steamhammer. Aggressor left the band shortly before releasing the In the Sign of Evil EP (generally regarded as an important early Black Metal release), and was replaced by Grave Violator, who did not last long himself. On the debut album Obsessed by Cruelty he was replaced by Destructor. After the release however, Destructor left Sodom to join Kreator. Destructor (Michael Wulf) died in a motorcycle accident in 1995.

Thereafter, their breakthrough album Persecution Mania was released with yet another guitarist, Frank Blackfire. A live album Mortal Way of Live followed. The next album made Sodom famous: Agent Orange, released in 1989. This album managed to sell 100,000 copies in Germany alone. Again, a new guitarist was to be found as Blackfire also left the band to join Kreator. The replacement was found in Michael Hoffman.

In this line-up the Better Off Dead album was released in 1990. During the South American tour however, Hoffman decided to stay in Brazil and therefore was forced to quit. His replacement was found in Andy Brings and a new album was recorded, titled Tapping the Vein, which was more death influenced than before.

Current members

* Tom Angelripper (Thomas Such, Onkel Tom) - Vocals/Bass (Desperados)
* Bobby Schottkowski - Drums (ex-Crows, ex-Tom Angelripper)
* Bernemann (Bernd Kost) - Guitars (ex-Crows)
http://www.myspace.com/sodom
Back to top Go down
El Decapo

El Decapo

Sodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom   Sodom EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:25 am

Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
http://cuntcast.tk/
Burp

Burp

Sodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom   Sodom EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:48 am

I heard they're playing some odd music festival called "Maryland Deathfest"? I wonder what that is. :sad:
Back to top Go down
Hades

Hades

Sodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom   Sodom EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:37 pm

I was hoping you might know something about this band for I have just heard them right now as I type and what is Maryland Deathfest, boy that sounds like fun...
Back to top Go down
Tom J. Pulvorazor
Admin
Tom J. Pulvorazor

Sodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom   Sodom EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:04 pm

i cant fuckin believe sodom is gonna be there! i hope they play alot of stuff off of "Obsession by Cruelty". my favorite Sodom song is Blashphemer at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://metcast.forumotion.com
Hades

Hades

Sodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom   Sodom EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Tom J. Pulvorazor wrote:
i cant fuckin believe sodom is gonna be there! i hope they play alot of stuff off of "Obsession by Cruelty". my favorite Sodom song is Blashphemer at the moment.

Sorry to crush your dreams, but they're not going to.
Back to top Go down
El Decapo

El Decapo

Sodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom   Sodom EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Burp wrote:
I heard they're playing some odd music festival called "Maryland Deathfest"? I wonder what that is. :sad:
Sounds like shit.
Back to top Go down
http://cuntcast.tk/
Sponsored content

Sodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom   Sodom Empty

Back to top Go down

Sodom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metcast :: Music :: Favorite Bands-
Jump to: